Sunday, March 14, 2010

Food

Last night was nice. Really, really nice. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way, but I loved cooking with my sister, sitting around the table with my parents, my sister, and my brother-in-law, sipping on coffee during a "delightfully bizarre" movie, putting on my Grandma's scarves, skirts, shirts, and hats, and laughing at how we all looked in them, and walking down memory lane while watching a few minutes of "The Boy Who Could Fly" and "Pippi Longstocking". It did my heart good to sit in my clean dining room (except for that one bookcase) and have a plate full of delicious AND nutritious food in front of me, and seeing my family all around me. The kids (my two and my sister's son) had already eaten. I am going to miss my sister so much.

Our menu last night...
Spaghetti squash with sauteed onions, green peppers, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese
Steamed asparagus
Oven baked asparagus with a balsamic and soy drizzle on it
Coconut milk rice
Goat cheese stuffed mushrooms
Carrots

I said something about meat as a part of another conversation and my dad overheard it...he about jumped out of his skin, looking for the meat on the countertop. He kept saying something about how healthy the meal was...and I don't think he was entirely thrilled with it. LOL

I had the opportunity to buy the Kmart elliptical yesterday (finally in) but a few days ago I went to a local sporting goods store and saw one that they had on the floor. I tried it out, like it much better, and it is similarly priced. I did some internet research on it, and it is ranked one ranking higher than the Kmart one....so I have a raincheck for that one now. Sigh.

I Pandora. Listening to some great worship music right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment