Monday, March 15, 2010

Week One wrap-up

First time to my blog? Please scroll down and read the previous entries....

I weighed in this morning, and I am down 7.8 lbs this week! Whoot! I know that the first week will be more than any other week, and I know that this week will be much less, so I am not expecting to see that kind of a number again. But I am thrilled anyway!

Since I am still waiting for my elliptical, I didn't start exercising this week. I just changed the amount and the kind of foods that I am eating. This week I will add in the exercise too. I'll try out the two DVDs I got and I'll do a review of them on here.

I feel so much better already. It shouldn't be shocking to realize that food affects mood, I knew that intellectually already, but to feel it first hand is something else. I have more energy already, and have accomplished more this week in my house than I have in months. I still have my moments of sadness, and my stress points, but overall I feel much better.

Thanks for your prayers and support!!! What an exciting journey we are on.

2 comments:

  1. awesome job! i am impressed with the 7.8 pounds! keep up the hard work. I stopped eating meat back in Sept, when I read a horrible article on all the hormones and steoriods they put in them. I eat pretty much veggies, with some seafood in there for some extra protein. But its amazing how much better I feel! The men soon forget they aren't eatting meat cause there are some amazing vegatarian recipes out there:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking into joining a CSA (community sponsored agriculture) and getting organic fruits and veggies that way...and also buying my meat from local farms where they add no thing to the meat.

    ReplyDelete